The Benefits Of Massage
What exactly are the benefits of receiving massage or bodywork treatments? Useful for all of the conditions listed below and more, massage can:
• Alleviate low-back pain and improve range of motion.
• Assist with shorter, easier labor for expectant mothers and shorten maternity hospital stays.
• Ease medication dependence.
• Enhance immunity by stimulating lymph flow—the body’s natural defense system.
• Exercise and stretch weak, tight, or atrophied muscles.
• Help athletes of any level prepare for, and recover from, strenuous workouts.
• Improve the condition of the body’s largest organ—the skin.
• Increase joint flexibility.
• Lessen depression and anxiety.
• Promote tissue regeneration, reducing scar tissue and stretch marks.
• Pump oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs, improving circulation.
• Reduce postsurgery adhesions and swelling.
• Reduce spasms and cramping.
• Relax and soften injured, tired, and overused muscles.
• Release endorphins—amino acids that work as the body’s natural painkiller.
• Relieve migraine pain.
A Powerful Ally
There’s no denying the power of bodywork. Regardless of the adjectives we assign to it
(pampering, rejuvenating, therapeutic) or the reasons we seek it out (a luxurious treat, stress
relief, pain management), massage therapy can be a powerful ally in your healthcare regimen.
Experts estimate that upwards of ninety percent of disease is stress related. And perhaps nothing
ages us faster, internally and externally, than high stress. While eliminating anxiety and pressure
altogether in this fast-paced world may be idealistic, massage can, without a doubt, help manage
stress. This translates into:
• Decreased anxiety.
• Enhanced sleep quality.
• Greater energy.
• Improved concentration.
• Increased circulation.
• Reduced fatigue.
Furthermore, clients often report a sense of perspective and clarity after receiving a massage. The emotional balance bodywork provides can often be just as vital and valuable as the more tangible
In response to massage, specific physiological and chemical changes cascade throughout the
body, with profound effects. Research shows that with massage:
• Arthritis sufferers note fewer aches and less stiffness and pain.
• Asthmatic children show better pulmonary function and increased peak air flow.
• Burn injury patients report reduced pain, itching, and anxiety.
• High blood pressure patients demonstrate lower diastolic blood pressure, anxiety, and
• Premenstrual syndrome sufferers have decreased water retention and cramping.
• Preterm infants have improved weight gain.
Research continues to show the enormous benefits of touch—which range from treating
chronic diseases, neurological disorders, and injuries, to alleviating the tensions of modern
lifestyles. Consequently, the medical community is actively embracing bodywork, and massage
is becoming an integral part of hospice care and neonatal intensive care units. Many hospitals
are also incorporating on-site massage practitioners and even spas to treat postsurgery or pain
patients as part of the recovery process.
Increase the Benefits with Frequent Visits
Getting a massage can do you a world of good. And getting massage frequently can do even
more. This is the beauty of bodywork. Taking part in this form of regularly scheduled self-care
can play a huge part in how healthy you’ll be and how youthful you’ll remain with each passing
year. Budgeting time and money for bodywork at consistent intervals is truly an investment in
your health. And remember: just because massage feels like a pampering treat doesn’t mean it
is any less therapeutic. Consider massage appointments a necessary piece of your health and
wellness plan, and work with your practitioner to establish a treatment schedule that best meets
Call Us Today To Book Your Massage!
**Cancellation/No Show Policy for Massage Therapy Appointments**
We require a 24-hour cancellation notice for all sessions.
Sessions not cancelled or rebooked prior to the 24-hour deadline will be charged a cancellation fee. This applies to no-show appointments as well. Fees are subject to change depending on session type and length. (Minimum fee $35)
We understand emergencies and illness do occue. Feel free to call and reschedule your appointment. There will be no charge for these types of cancellations.
Thank you for understanding, we appreciate your business!
** Groupon Clients**
Cancellation policy does apply. Groupon vouchers are valid for new clients only! Clients with multiple Groupon vouchers will be subject to additional charges.